Call Toll Free:
Cross the continent and share the drama of “high iron” on Class 1 freight lines from UP and BNSF to CSX and NS. In addition, there are shortlines like Chicago’s Belt and Canada’s VIA road. Featuring a major and minor photo each month, Railroading! Includes commentary describing featured railroads and rolling stock. All aboard!
14 by 22 inches, open
Featured Trains and Locations:
- VIA Rail Canada train at Ile-Perrot, Quebec from Ottawa to Montreal, 2012
- Westbound train at Coteau, Quebec
- BNSF Railway freight train at summit of Tehachapi Pass, California
- BNSF over Southern California’s Cajon Pass
- Clearing Yard, Chicago, 2012
- Keokuk Junction Railway from Peoria, Illinois to Keokuk, Iowa, 2011
- Union Pacific’s Mojave Subdivision over California’s Tehachapi Mountains, 2010
- Northbound Union Pacific train on Tehachapi downgrade into Caliente, California
- Southbound CSX System coal train led by General Electric model AC4400CW #161 and #150 at Koppers Road in Florence, South Carolina, 2006
- CSX system at Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Union Pacific 4-6-6-4 Alco Challenger 3985 at Cheyenne, Wyoming to St. Louis, Missouri, 2001
- Eastbound Electro-Motive SD70M 4312 and 4596 at Cheyenne, Wyoming toward Sherman Hill
- SD60 746+ GP40-3s 4810 and 4702 on Meridian Speedway, Mississippi, 2000
- EMD SD40-3 6615, SD40-2 662 and SD60 732 on Kansas City Southern Railway head eastward
- Amtrak’s Acela Express electric train at Milford, Connecticut
- Southbound Vermonter at Farmington River, Windsor, Connecticut
- Delaware & Hudson General Electric B39-8 8524 southbound at Thurman, New York, 2011
- Electro-Motive F3 diesels at Moscow, Pennsylvania, 2011
- Canadian National Train #346 and General Electric DASH9-44CW eastbound on Wisconsin Central Railroad mainline at Sheridan, Wisconsin, 1999
- Southbound Canadian National at Chicago, Illinois, 1999
- EMD SD40-2 1651 and Train #669 at Wiborg, Kentucky on Cincinnati, New Orleans, and Texas Pacific Railway from Cincinnati, Ohio to Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1993
- Northbound NS train #180 and EMD SD 6663, 1993
- MTA Metro-North Railroad 110 southbound on Waterbury Branch at Beacon Falls, Connecticut, 2011
- Metro-North dual-mode diesel/electric P32AC-DM at Union city, Connecticut, 2010
Railroading! 2012 features North America's working Class 1 railroads, along with a diverse group of shortlines that extend the reach of rail service. From Amtrak and Burlington Northern to Norfolk Southern and Union Pacific, you'll find the big names (and others you may not know) hauling raw materials, finished goods, commuters, and even vacationers around the United States. The tracks and the trains come alive in the just-released Railroading! 2012 calendar published by Tide-mark Press.
Railroading Calendar Photographs
The 2012 Railroading! calendar captures the best of the modern trains with 24 contemporary color photographs, a major and minor image each month. Each picture is accompanied by a description of the action and the equipment.
This beautifully designed publication is attractive and useful, with calendar grids that have large blocks for every day of a week. The monthly calendar also includes grids for the previous and forthcoming months, to make planning more convenient. The Railroading! calendar opens to a generous 14 by 22 inches, nearly 10 percent larger than most other brands and includes major holidays and phases of the moon.